Posted by: thepinetree on 01/26/2014 12:23 PM
Updated by: thepinetree on 01/26/2014 12:28 PM
Expires: 01/01/2019 12:00 AM
Calaveras County Board of Supervisors Are Back in Action on Tuesday
San Andreas, CA...The Agenda for the Calaveras County Board of Supervisors, January 28th Meeting is enclosed. Proclamations for Kindness Week & Honoring Doris Barger will get the public portion of the meeting rolling. CDBG Block Grants, $579,040 in Guardrail Improvements for Murphys Grade Road, Copperopolis Library Lease Extensions, $90,000 in County Postage, Board Rules & Procedures Priorities, Committee Assignments, FEMA Flood Mapping and a 2pm Joint Meeting with Planning Commission on the now 8 years and counting General Plan Update Process. The agenda is enclosed....
CALAVERAS COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
CLIFF EDSON – VICE CHAIR
DEBBIE PONTE - CHAIR
LORI NORTON COUNTY ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
JANIS ELLIOTT COUNTY COUNSEL
DIANE SEVERUD CLERK OF THE BOARD
891 MOUNTAIN RANCH RD SAN ANDREAS, CA 95249
TEL: (209) 754-6370
January 28, 2014
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
On the website, items with supporting documentation may be linked for viewing.
CALAVERAS COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY CALAVERAS COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
CALAVERAS COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD IN THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS CHAMBERS 891 Mountain Ranch Rd, San Andreas, California
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk to the Board of Supervisors at 209/754-6370 at least 48 hours prior to the start of the meeting. Notification in advance will allow reasonable arrangements to be made to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Government Code §54954.2(a).
The agenda packet and supporting documentation are available for public review in the Administrative Office, during regular business hours.
8:00 AM: Call to Order
CLOSED SESSION AGENDA
1. CLOSED SESSION: Public Employee Appointment pursuant to Government Code Section 54957 (b)(1): Title: Public Works Director; Board action:
2. CLOSED SESSION: Public Employee Discipline/Dismissal/Release, Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957; Board action:
3. CLOSED SESSION: conference with legal counsel; anticipated litigation – significant exposure to litigation, (one case) pursuant to Government Code section 54956.9 (d)(2); County Counsel - Board action:
9:00 AM: Pledge of Allegiance
RECOGNITION AND ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
4. Adopt a RESOLUTION recognizing February 9 through 15, 2014 as Kindness Week and the County as a Random Acts of Kindness Zone; Administration – Board action:
5. Adopt a RESOLUTION honoring Doris Barger for her leadership and inspiration in support of health care programs and services in Calaveras County; Administration – Board action:
9:00 AM to 9:30 AM: PUBLIC COMMENT
Any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board and is not posted on the Consent or Regular agendas may be addressed during the Public Comment period. California law prohibits the Board from taking action on any matter which is not posted on the agenda unless it is determined to be an emergency by the Board of Supervisors. If Public Comment is completed before the 30 minute allotted time period, the Board may immediately move to the Consent Agenda. If Public Comment is not completed during the allotted time period, it will be continued at the conclusion of the Regular Agenda in order to provide an opportunity for the remainder of comments to be heard.
Consent agenda items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the Board at one time without discussion. Any board member, staff member or interested party may request removal of an item from the consent agenda for later discussion.
6. MINUTES of meetings held on January 7 and 14, 2014 – Board action:
7. Adopt a RESOLUTION authorizing submittal of Local Enforcement Agency Grant Applications to the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery; Environmental Management – Board action:
8. Ratify the Agreement between the County and Day Wireless for the Installation of Radio Equipment in the amount not to exceed $35,428 for the New Sheriff’s Administration Building Communications Center; Sheriff – Board action:
9. MINUTE ORDER approving subrecipient agreements for: (1) The Resource Connection for Food Bank Public Service in the amount of $279,070 and; (2) Mother Lode Job Training for Job Training in the amount of $186,047 and; (3) Amendment of Agreement between County of Calaveras and Cox Consulting Grant Administration for the administration of the subrecipient agreements in the amount of $41,860 to implement the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) # 13-CDBG-8947 and (4) Authorizing the Director of Calaveras Health & Human Services to sign such agreements; Health & Human Services – Board action:
10. Adopt a RESOLUTION to approve the plans and specifications, accept bid, and authorize awarding a Construction Services Agreement between Calaveras County and Midstate Barrier, Inc. for the Murphys Grade Road Guardrail Improvements Project for an amount not to exceed $579,040 and a term to expire after 30 working days from the date of the Notice to Proceed; Public Works – Board action:
11. Approve the execution of a one (1) year lease, with two one year extensions, between the County of Calaveras and Ed and Dorene M Cardoza doing business as Cardoza Enterprises for library space for the Copperopolis Branch Library, located at Suite 106 in the Lake Tulloch Plaza, 3505 Spangler Lane, Copperopolis at $1,359/month, Including $0.75 base rent and $0.1938 common area maintenance for and approve with a four fifths vote a budget adjustment of $5,200 from contingencies to fund the increased cost of rent for the FY 2013/14; Administration – Board action:
12. Approve Change Order No. 2 to the Agreement with 4-Leaf, Inc. for Inspection Services in the amount of $70,000.00; Administration – Board action:
13. Approve Change Order No. 3 to the Agreement with Construction Testing Services for Materials Testing an Inspection Services in the amount of $3,270.20; Administration – Board action:
14. Authorize a Blanket Purchase Order to Pitney Bowes for Countywide Postage in the amount of $90,000.00 for Fiscal Year 2013-14; Technology Services – Board action:
If you wish to address the Board on an agenda item, please come to the rostrum and give your name and comments. Time limits and order of items shall be at the discretion of the Chair, including a break for lunch which generally will be from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 or 1:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted under Announcements.
15. Board Rules of Procedures; Administration – Board action:
16. Affirm Board Priorities; Administration – Board action:
17. Appointment of applicants to serve on various Committees, Commissions, Advisory Boards and County Service Areas; Administration – Board action:
18. Report of meetings attended and other matters of Supervisors and Department Heads.
19. 1:00 PM - Status Report on the County’s involvement in the FEMA Flood Mapping Program; Planning.
2:00 PM – Joint Meeting of the Board of Supervisors and the Planning Commission
20. Status Report on the County’s General Plan Revision Program; Planning.
21. CLOSED SESSION: pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 (d)(1): conference with legal counsel re: existing litigation – County of Calaveras, et al. v. Calaveras County Superior Court, et al., Calaveras County Superior Court, Case No. 13CV39804 - County Counsel - Board Action.