Posted by: thepinetree on 04/12/2014 08:42 AM
Updated by: thepinetree on 04/12/2014 08:46 AM
Expires: 01/01/2019 12:00 AM
Bear Valley 2014-15 Season Passes on Sale Standard, Military & College Passes Come With Terrific Value & Additional Perks
Bear Valley, CA...Bear Valley season passes for 2014-15 are now on sale offering a great value and plenty of perks. With the lowest pricing of the season available through April 30, 2014, rates start at $39 for children 5 years and under to $299 for new adults (adult renewals are $279), this year’s season passes also include rates specifically for members of the military and college students....
Bear Valley season passes offer an economical way for frequent skiers and snowboarders to enjoy the winter the season along with a variety of retail discounts. “Bear Valley has always taken great pride as an affordable, value-driven destination for the entire family,” said Jim Gentling, General Manager of Bear Valley. “Despite a year with lighter than usual snowfall throughout the entire state, we were still able to open December 14 and offer a full season’s worth of skiing in great part to our snowmaking system and excellent snow maintenance by our operations team.”
For the first time, Bear Valley is extending its 2014-15 season passes to members of the military. The Military Pass ($139) is an unlimited pass, valid 7 days a week for the entire 2014/15 season. As an added bonus, the Military Pass is also valid for the remainder of the 2013-14 season. In addition, Bear Valley has also added the College Pass ($139), valid 7 days a week for the entire 2014/15 season, for all students enrolled in college with at least 12 units.
Bear Valley 2014-15 Season Passes Come with Many Perks
The benefits of being a season pass holder are many, highlighted by five free one day lift tickets at sister resort Arapahoe Basin in Colorado. Additional perks include
· A buy-one-get-one-free California rafting trip on any 1-day river trip with O.A.R.S. Trips range from family friendly for kids as young as 7 years, to more adventurous Class IV+ adventure. Visit www.oars.com/california for more information
· A 10 percent discount ski/snowboard clothing and gear as well as equipment tune-ups at Reba Sports located at Bear Valley
· $100 off the Endeavor Team Registration, an unforgettable experience that pushes competitors of all backgrounds and skill levels beyond their perceived limits. More at http://endeavorteamchallenge.com/
· Mountain Meadow XC Upgrade Pass–For just $110 (total savings up to $189) pass holders get unlimited downhill trails and unlimited access to Cross Country, Snowshoe and Fat Biking Trails. More information at http://www.bearvalleyxc.com/
· Discounts on Dining: Bear Valley Season Pass Holders will now enjoy 10% off food and drink (excluding alcohol) purchases at the Creekside Dining Room, Sky High Restaurant and Grizzly Grill throughout the entire year.
· 2014-15 Bear Valley season pass holders can buy an adult ticket for the day for friends and family at a discounted rate
· Complimentary wine tasting at nearby Calaveras County wineries including Twisted Oak Winery, Hovey Winery, La Folia Winery (plus 10% off wine purchase) and Stevenot Winery (plus 10% off wine purchase)
Continuing its program introduced in the 2013-14 season, Bear Valley will allow fifth graders to ski free every weekend beginning January 4, 2015. The Fifth Grade pass gives access to all lifts every weekend for skiing and snowboarding for all 5th grade students maintaining a “C” average or better.
Bear Valley is projected to stay open through April 20. Season passes can be purchased at the mountain or online. For more information about Bear Valley season passes, please call 209-753-2301 x111 or visit www.bearvalley.com
About Bear Valley Mountain & Bear Valley Village
Bear Valley Mountain and Village is the premier family mountain sports and lodging destination in the Central Sierra. Located between Yosemite and Lake Tahoe on National Scenic Byway Highway 4, and surrounded by two of California's largest federally designated wilderness areas, outdoor activities in Bear Valley are abundant. Bear Valley Resorts is known for its warm, welcoming staff, affordable ticket prices, a variety of terrain, and a commitment to providing the ultimate mountain experience. The ski and board area offers 1,680 acres of varied terrain, more than 70 trails, two terrain parks featuring more than 18 features, and 1,900 vertical feet. Bear Valley averages over 30 feet of annual snowfall per year. Bear Valley Village is home to a variety of services, shops, restaurants and a wide range of accommodations. Winters provide skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, sledding, snowshoeing and snowmobiling. Hiking, fishing, cycling, rock climbing, kayaking, camping and a variety of cultural events make for a perfect summer of activities. More information is available at www.bearvalley.com.