Posted by: Andy_Johnson on 04/22/2014 02:37 PM
Updated by: Andy_Johnson on 04/22/2014 02:54 PM
Expires: 01/01/2019 12:00 AM
Calaveras County Master Gardeners' Demonstration Garden Open on Saturday, May 24
San Andreas, CA ... The Calaveras County Master Gardeners’ Demonstration Garden will be open on Saturday, May 24th from 10AM – 2PM. Plants will be offered for sale, including some favorite water-wise selections, from 10AM – 12PM. The Garden is located at the County Government Center, 891 Mountain Ranch Road, San Andreas.
This month’s topic is “Water-wise gardening: plants, grasses and lawn alternatives”. By reducing the amount of water used in our yards and gardens we help preserve a vital resource especially during the current drought conditions. Master Gardeners can show you how to make this a beautiful and easy transition. They will also be available to provide answers to home gardening questions, including plant and pest problems. When the garden is not open, home gardening assistance is offered by Master Gardeners through the help line at: 209-754-2880. The public may leave a message regarding a problem and a Master Gardener will return the call. The Demonstration Garden is a project of the Calaveras County Master Gardeners whose primary goal is to educate the public about home gardening. Proceeds from plant sales support the Master Gardener’s education programs and maintenance of the Demonstration Garden. For additional details contact the UC Cooperative Extension office at (209) 754-6477 or visit the Calaveras UC Cooperative Extension website: http://cecalaveras.ucdavis.edu Also check out our Calaveras Master Gardener’s website for information and updates:
|Comments - Make a comment
|The comments are owned by the poster. We are not responsible for its content. We value free speech but remember this is a public forum and we hope that people would use common sense and decency. If you see an offensive comment please email us at email@example.com
|These might interest you as well
- Inspectors Are Working In Fire Areas
- Clell Gideon Brown 1927 – 2015
- Early Cancer Detection Can Save Lives
- Herbert “Herb” Bryant Filben 1923 - 2015 “A Gentle Man and a Ge...
- Betty Mae Anderson 1931 - 2015
- Butte Fire Benefit Golf Tournament
- Calaveras County Disaster Relief Center Offers Assistance
- State of Jefferson Town Hall Meeting San Andreas, Wednesday, October 14,...
- Pink in the Night in Honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Isiah Fowler Found Guilty In His Sister Leila Fowler's Death
- Let The Airola Family Fight For You
- CDSS Announces Disaster CalFresh (D - CalFresh) Federally Known As The...
- Fuddruckers to Provide Free Lunch in San Andreas Today for Residents I...
- The Big Keepsake Ornament Debut Is This Weekend At Middleton’s Gold ...
- Butte Fire Reaches 100% Containment! Final Update On Actual Fire
- Butte Fire Debris Cleanup Efforts Begin
- Butte Fire Update....96% Containment & Mokelumne Hill Community Meeting...
- The Butte Fire Mountain Ranch Community Meeting Video 9/28/15
- Calaveras County Sheriff's Logs Through September 27th
- Butte Fire Reaches 95% Containment & Fire Area Returns To Local Control...
- Mark Twain Medical Center is Once Again Promoting Pink in the Night in...
- Moderate Injuries to Maryland Man In Hwy 49 Motorcycle Accident
- Local Airola Attorneys and Experts Plan Community Meeting to Provide S...
- Butte Fire Recovery Town Hall Meeting – San Andreas Town Hall – 9/24
- Are You Ready For Pink In The Night 2015?
- Dr. Michael T. Romano Jr, 1950 - 2015
- Local Telecomm Companies Bring Mountain Ranch Community Back Online
- Mark Twain Medical Center's Fall Health Fair Is September 26th
- Butte Fire Friday Morning Update 60% Containment, 365 Homes & 261 Outb...
- Food Waste Bins Deployed By Cal-Waste
- Butte Fire 9/17 Morning Update...70,760 Acres, 49% Contained, 252 Homes...
- Butte Fire Evening Update...71,780 Acres, 47% Contained, 233 Homes & 175...
- Traffic Update...Hwy 26 From Mokelumne Hill to Hwy 88 Now Open
- Butte Fire Re-Population Phase V, San Andreas Area
- Calaveras Community Foundation Establishes Butte Fire Disaster Relief ...
phpws Business Directory