Posted by: Andy_Johnson on 04/22/2014 02:37 PM
Updated by: Andy_Johnson on 04/22/2014 02:54 PM
Expires: 01/01/2019 12:00 AM
Calaveras County Master Gardeners' Demonstration Garden Open on Saturday, May 24
San Andreas, CA ... The Calaveras County Master Gardeners’ Demonstration Garden will be open on Saturday, May 24th from 10AM – 2PM. Plants will be offered for sale, including some favorite water-wise selections, from 10AM – 12PM. The Garden is located at the County Government Center, 891 Mountain Ranch Road, San Andreas.
This month’s topic is “Water-wise gardening: plants, grasses and lawn alternatives”. By reducing the amount of water used in our yards and gardens we help preserve a vital resource especially during the current drought conditions. Master Gardeners can show you how to make this a beautiful and easy transition. They will also be available to provide answers to home gardening questions, including plant and pest problems. When the garden is not open, home gardening assistance is offered by Master Gardeners through the help line at: 209-754-2880. The public may leave a message regarding a problem and a Master Gardener will return the call. The Demonstration Garden is a project of the Calaveras County Master Gardeners whose primary goal is to educate the public about home gardening. Proceeds from plant sales support the Master Gardener’s education programs and maintenance of the Demonstration Garden. For additional details contact the UC Cooperative Extension office at (209) 754-6477 or visit the Calaveras UC Cooperative Extension website: http://cecalaveras.ucdavis.edu Also check out our Calaveras Master Gardener’s website for information and updates:
|Comments - Make a comment
|The comments are owned by the poster. We are not responsible for its content. We value free speech but remember this is a public forum and we hope that people would use common sense and decency. If you see an offensive comment please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|These might interest you as well
- The Calaveras County General Plan Update Process Picks Up The Pace & C...
- General Plan Study Session & Supervisors Meeting Today At 4:30 At San ...
- Caltrans Road Report For Week of 6/28/15 through 7/4/15
- Celebrate the 4th of July in Mokelumne Hill with a Taste of Americana
- Lunchbox To Blame For Four Vehicle Pileup On Hwy 12
- Don't Waste Our Future!
- Mark Twain Medical Center Honors Our Heritage, Heroes & Freedoms
- Ribbon Cuttings, Mixing & Mingling Highlight Mixer At The Square
- Thank You, Dr. Craig Lovett
- Join The Chamber On A Coastal Cruise
- CCWD Withdraws Asphalt Plant Appeal
- AmeriCorps Volunteer To Help Resource Connection
- PATV Comcast Cable Channel 9 Volcano Vision Channel 22 Schedule Through...
- Register NOW for the San Andreas Rumble
- Critical General Plan Meeting June 30!! MARK YOUR CALENDAR!!
- Vehicle Thefts Down For Second Straight Year
- Calaveras County Sheriff's Logs For June 11 - 18, 2015
- The Calaveras 4-H Youth Development Says Thank You
- Summer Day Camp at Rail Road Flat School - Open to All CUSD Students K-6
- Taxpayer Group Sides with Planning Director
- New Taxpayer Videos Released
- The Calaveras High School 2015 Graduation Video
- Calaveras County Sheriff's Logs For June 2 - 10, 2015
- CHP Releases Details On Angels Camp Car Jacking
- 2015 Career & Technical Training (C&TT) Scholarships Awarded
- Graveside Services Saturday For Wilbert Duguay 1930-2015 (Updated)
- Barbara Elizabeth Snyder 1954 - 2015
- Family Play Dates At Turner Park
- Laurie Andrade and Leo Quintana To Be Honored As Seniors Of The Year At...
- Calaveras Arts Council Announces Artist Scholarships 2015 Recipients
- Monday June 8, “Let’s Talk About...Planning, Property Rights, and ...
- Five West Point Teens Injured In Hwy 26 Accident (Update Brittany Raf...
- Robert “Bob” Vergne DeVoss 1938 - 2015
- Jerry Franklin Martin 1932 - 2015 - Former Calaveras High Teacher
- Gerald Eugene “Gene” Ogletree, 77, of Valley Springs Died May 25, ...
phpws Business Directory