Posted by: thepinetree on 05/13/2014 07:31 AM
Updated by: thepinetree on 05/13/2014 07:32 AM
Expires: 01/01/2019 12:00 AM
The 2014 Calaveras County Supervisors Are Back In Acton This Morning
San Andreas, CA...The Calaveras County Board of Supervisors are back in action this morning at 9:00am in the Board Chambers. Meeting Information The Board meets at 9:00 AM on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. The Board will conduct evening meetings at 6pm on, July 30th, 2013; October 29th, 2013; April 29th, 2014. Board members take office the 1st Monday after the 1st day in January at Noon. The full agenda is enclosed....
CALAVERAS COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
CLIFF EDSON – VICE CHAIR
DEBBIE PONTE - CHAIR
LORI NORTON COUNTY ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
JANIS ELLIOTT COUNTY COUNSEL
DIANE SEVERUD CLERK OF THE BOARD
891 MOUNTAIN RANCH RD SAN ANDREAS, CA 95249
TEL: (209) 754-6370
May 13, 2014
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
On the website, items with supporting documentation may be linked for viewing.
CALAVERAS COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY CALAVERAS COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD IN THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS CHAMBERS 891 Mountain Ranch Rd, San Andreas, California
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk to the Board of Supervisors at 209/754-6370 at least 48 hours prior to the start of the meeting. Notification in advance will allow reasonable arrangements to be made to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Government Code §54954.2(a).
The agenda packet and supporting documentation are available for public review in the Administrative Office, during regular business hours.
8:00 AM: Call to Order
CLOSED SESSION AGENDA
1. CLOSED SESSION: Conference with legal counsel; anticipated litigation – significant exposure to litigation, (two cases) pursuant to Government Code section 54956.9 (d)(2); County Counsel - Board action.
2. CLOSED SESSION; Pubic Employee Discipline/Dismissal/Release, pursuant to Government Code 54957; Human Resources – Board action:
9:00 AM: Pledge of Allegiance
RECOGNITION AND ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
3. SUPERVISOR PONTE. Adopt a Resolution recognizing the week of May 18 – 24, 2014 as Emergency Medical Services Week in Calaveras County; Board action:
4. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES. Adopt a Resolution declaring May 2014 as Mental Health Awareness Month; Board action:
9:00 AM to 9:30 AM: PUBLIC COMMENT
Any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board and is not
posted on the Consent or Regular agendas may be addressed during the Public Comment period.
California law prohibits the Board from taking action on any matter which is not posted on the agenda
unless it is determined to be an emergency by the Board of Supervisors. If Public Comment is completed
before the 30 minute allotted time period, the Board may immediately move to the Consent Agenda. If
Public Comment is not completed during the allotted time period, it will be continued at the conclusion of
the Regular Agenda in order to provide an opportunity for the remainder of comments to be heard.
Consent agenda items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the
Board at one time without discussion. Any board member, staff member or interested party may request
removal of an item from the consent agenda for later discussion.
5. MINUTES of meeting held on April 29, 2014 – Board action:
6. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES. Authorize the Board Chair to sign the modified Standard
Agreement Number 13-20290 and Certifications with the California Department of Public
Health in the amount of $100,000 for Immunization Assistance Project services during the
four year period of July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2017; Board action:
7. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES. Authorize the Health and Human Services Agency
Director to sign an Agreement with the Mental Health Services Oversight and
Accountability Commission for the provision of mental health triage crisis services
resulting in revenue of $262,686 to the Mental Health Program for the period of March
24, 2014 – June 30, 2017; Board action:
8. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES. Approval authorizing the Chair of the Board of
Supervisors to sign a letter of support for AB 2703 which seeks to increase local assistance
funding for County Veterans Service Offices (CVSOs); Board action:
9. SHERIFF. Authorizes the Sheriff to Sign an Interagency Agreement with the U.S.
Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Grant Administration for $40,000 for Cannabis
Eradication from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014; Board action:
10. CLERK-RECORDER. Approve a refund to Pacific Coast Title for erroneously collected
Documentary Transfer Tax fees in the amount of $1,100.00; Board action:
11. ELECTIONS. Approve the attached Agreement between County of Calaveras and Martin &
Chapman Company for the printing of ballots and related services in an amount not to
exceed $70,000.00 for the June 3, 2014 Statewide Direct Primary Election. Elections Code
Sections 13000 and 13001; Board action:
12. PUBLIC WORKS. Accept bid and authorize execution of a Construction Services
Agreement between Calaveras County and Chester Bross Construction Co. for the 2014
Overlay Project in CSA No. 1, Rancho Calaveras, for an amount not to exceed $215,250
and a term to expire October 31, 2014; Board action:
13. PUBLIC WORKS. Approve the First Amendment to the Professional Services Agreement
between Calaveras County and First Carbon Solutions/Michael Brandman Associates for
environmental and engineering services associated with rehabilitation or replacement of
three Dogtown Road bridges to increase the Agreement by $14,790 for a total not to exceed amount of $858,259 and a term ending December 30, 2015; Board action:
14. HUMAN RESOURCES. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Disability Retirement of Josef Crabtree; Board action:
If you wish to address the Board on an agenda item, please come to the rostrum and give your name and comments. Time limits and order of items shall be at the discretion of the Chair, including a break for lunch which generally will be from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 or 1:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted under Announcements.
15. COUNTY COUNSEL. Approve a Resolution granting authority to compromise or settle tort liability claims or other claims for damages that are filed against the County, its officers or employees to: County Counsel, Risk Management, the County Administrative Officer, and the County’s third party claims administrator in various amounts not to exceed statutory authority; and require departments to prepare corrective action memos adopting a procedure to prevent future similar claims if the act that caused a claim could reoccur in the future and the department has full or partial liability for the claim; Board action:
16. TAX COLLECTOR. Adopt a Resolution authorizing Treasurer-Tax Collector to oversee the Distribution of Excess Proceeds after Tax Sale as it relates to R & T Code 4675.1; Board action:
17. HUMAN RESOURCES. Requesting the Board of Supervisors to repeal Ordinance No. 1054: an Ordinance establishing the General Liability Trust Fund within Calaveras County and replace with a Resolution adopting the General Liability Trust Fund; Board action:
18. SHERIFF. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office to apply for funding from the FY 13 Homeland Security Grant Program in the amount of $91,719.00 and authorizing the execution of a grant award and any amendments thereto with the State of California for the purposes of this grant; Board action:
19. PUBLIC WORKS. 1) Prioritize a list of projects (Attachment A) for Active Transportation Program (ATP) funding and 2) Authorize the Public Works Director to apply for and receive ATP grant funds; Board action:
20. PLANNING. Noticed Public Hearing pursuant to Government Code §65090 et.seq. Discussion and possible action: The Planning Commission recommends adopting an Ordinance for Zoning Amendment 2014-007 for Ebbetts Pass Fire Protection District to amend the zoning of APN 026-026-074 from PS (Public Service) to C2 (General Commercial), located at 1028 Manuel Rd., Arnold; Board action:
21. PLANNING. Noticed Public Hearing pursuant to Government Code §65090 et.seq. Staff recommends the Board of Supervisor approve a resolution denying the appeal by Jim Sacher, upholding Caltrans conditions V-1, which was included as a condition of approval of project 2014-014 as approved by the Planning Commission on April 10, 2014, based upon the findings contained therein; Board action:
22. Report of meetings attended and other matters of Supervisors and Department Heads.
UPCOMING ITEMS – TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
June 10 – 17
FY 2014/15 Budget Hearings
|Comments - Make a comment
|The comments are owned by the poster. We are not responsible for its content. We value free speech but remember this is a public forum and we hope that people would use common sense and decency. If you see an offensive comment please email us at email@example.com
Posted on: 2014-05-13 11:55:05
back in action, doing what
Posted on: 2014-05-13 17:37:52
Best way to do business is when the rest of the General Public are at their day time jobs. They do the same stuff in bigger cities only there they do it after the transit systems stop running.
More wasted tax dollars...
Posted on: 2014-05-13 16:53:24
...as Callaway pads her pockets on the backs of working people! Time for her corruption and political machine (cozy with only those who contribute to her) to be put out to pasture! NO MORE CORRUPT MERITTA!!!
Re: More wasted tax dollars...
Posted on: 2014-05-13 19:13:40
You might have a little more credibility if you learn how to spell Merita's name correctly!