Posted by: Andy_Johnson on 05/13/2014 12:58 PM
Updated by: Andy_Johnson on 05/13/2014 05:33 PM
Expires: 01/01/2019 12:00 AM
Mother Lode Round Up
Sonora, CA ... The Tuolumne County Sheriffs Posse and Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association hosted a perfect Mother Lode Round-up weekend in Sonora, CA last Saturday and Sunday. Luke Branquinho broke the Mother Lode Arena record in steer wrestling on Satruday night. The former world champion is currently in first place in the steer wrestling for this PRCA season. Natalie and Cody Munsel, a husband and wife team from Tuolumne, CA took home buckles and prize money from the always exciting calf scramble.
The Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Posse is a community volunteer organization. This year marks the 61st anniversary of the Tuolumne County Sheriff's Posse who has produced the Round-Up in a rewarding partnership with the Tuolumne County business community. The Posse has an active membership of 40, plus dozens of past active, honorary and associate members. Two members of the original 1948 Posse are still active. The Posse parades in more than 10 cities throughout California promoting Tuolumne county. With its Community focus, the Posse provides a wide range of volunteer labor and time year round. It provides scholarships for all of our county high schools, sponsors a Boy Scout troop and the Wildcat Wranglers, participates in Sober Graduation, has produced the Cancer Society's Jail & Bail, helped the Visitor's Bureau with the Wild West Film Festival, provides and delivers Christmas toys for disadvantaged families, donates many, many dollars to youths and other charitable causes. And it produces the county's biggest event... the Mother Lode Round-Up Parade and Rodeo!
The Posse Clubhouse on Rawhide Road in Jamestown is a great place for banquets or Community Events and is available for youth groups or other organizations to rent.
|Comments - Make a comment
|The comments are owned by the poster. We are not responsible for its content. We value free speech but remember this is a public forum and we hope that people would use common sense and decency. If you see an offensive comment please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mother Lode Round-up
Posted on: 2014-05-18 05:01:23
Andy, those are some great pictures you took! I remember seeing all of that and I think you did a really good job of getting a little bit of everything that went on. I look forward to seeing my bike photo!
|These might interest you as well
- Make Plans To Meet The New Mark Twain Medical Center Physicians
- The SPARROW Program of Tuolumne County is Becoming Available in Calaveras
- Kinematic Automation of Sonora, California investing in new ERP system
- Columbia College Hosts X-Reg on August 14th for New Students!
- Credit Card Fraud Arrest In Sonora
- Save the Date for the Next Stanislaus River Clean Up! Saturday, September...
- Tuolumne Sheriff's Office Looking For Pellet Gun Bandit In Attempted...
- Tuolumne Writers Retreat - Sonora Writer's Group
- Fire Update....Grass Fire Taken Care Of In Chinese Camp
- The Final El Portal Fire Update...4,689 Acres, 100% Contained, Costs to...
- Tuolumne County Man Indicted For Starting RIM Fire
- CoyoteFest … A Howl of an Event!
- August-September TUD On Tap Newsletter
- Cracks In Twain Harte Lake Dam Update
- Cracks Reported In Twain Harte Dam With Water Flowing Through....Opera...
- Traffic Update....Accident On Merced Falls Road...Male Unresponsive
- Copperopolis Man Arrested For DUI After Crashing Into Pole, 11 Vehicles...
- Yosemite El Portal Fire Update. 4,198 Acres, 58% Contained, 1,360 Per...
- Driver Of Silver Porsche In Pursuit Caught
- 2014 Central Valley Police Explorer Challenge
phpws Business Directory