Posted by: Lea_Marie_C_Paar on 05/30/2014 10:10 AM
Updated by: Lea_Marie_C_Paar on 05/30/2014 10:10 AM
Expires: 01/01/2019 12:00 AM
PUSH America in Amador County with Journey of Hope 2014
Jackson, Ca...Arc of Amador and Calaveras is proudly hosting the members of PUSH America as they cycle throughout the US. They will be visiting Amador County on June 3, 2014, with a 26th annual welcoming picnic at St. Sava’s Mission from 11:00am to 2:30pm. The Journey of Hope is a program of PUSH America, the national philanthropy of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity, which raises money and awareness for people with disabilities. The Journey of Hope teams consist of men from Pi Kappa Phi chapters across the country. The teams cycle an average of 75 miles per day, beginning in San Francisco and ending in Washington DC...
Arc of Amador and Calaveras is proudly hosting the members of PUSH America as they cycle throughout the US. They will be visiting Amador County on June 3, 2014, with a 26th annual welcoming picnic at St. Sava’s Mission from 11:00am to 2:30pm. The Journey of Hope is a program of PUSH America, the national philanthropy of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity, which raises money and awareness for people with disabilities. The Journey of Hope teams consist of men from Pi Kappa Phi chapters across the country. The teams cycle an average of 75 miles per day, beginning in San Francisco and ending in Washington DC.
The ceremony at St. Sava’s Mission is to celebrate the team’s arrival as they enter Amador County to support the Arc of Amador and Calaveras. Hundreds of family and friends will be there to welcome the cyclists. The event is free and the public is encouraged to attend.
“I was able to attend and was amazed by the selfless support these young men exhibit in championing people with disabilities” said Shawnna Molina, Executive Director of Arc of Amador and Calaveras. “I encourage everyone to attend and participate in supporting our citizens with disabilities.”
How it all began:
In 1987, one man’s dream of riding his bike across the country came true. What he did not know was the inspiration and motivation his trek across country would give to PUSH America. The very next year his ride inspired PUSH America to create the largest fraternal fundraising and awareness event of its kind, the Journey of Hope. Today the Journey of Hope covers 32 different states, cycling over 12,000 miles combined. It is solely comprised of members of Pi Kappa Phi and continues to spread a message of acceptance and understanding for people with disabilities. Pi Kappa Phi is the only national men’s fraternity to establish and maintain their own service project. Fraternity members have raised over 10 million dollars for PUSH America since 1977. Information about the Journey of Hope and the many accomplishments of PUSH America can be found on their website at www.pushamerica.org.
For the team of over 70 cyclists, the real journey will not be on a bike, but spending time with the Amador and Calaveras residents for whom they are riding. These men are striving for community inclusion of people with disabilities and are helping to break the barriers of society that keep people of all abilities from living life to the fullest.
The Arc of Amador and Calaveras strongly encourages everyone to come out to St. Sava’s Mission to not only meet the incredible men cycling in the Journey of Hope, but to meet the clients and employees of the Arc. Learn how you can join these men in making a difference in the lives of your neighbors.
For additional information, to become a sponsor, volunteer, or to get involved: Contact the Arc of Amador and Calaveras at (209) 267-5978.
|Comments - Make a comment
|The comments are owned by the poster. We are not responsible for its content. We value free speech but remember this is a public forum and we hope that people would use common sense and decency. If you see an offensive comment please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 2015-10-19 09:28:24
CvXuM6 Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic article.Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic.
|These might interest you as well
- Chain Controls In Effect On Hwys 4, 88 & 108
- Airola Butte Fire Attorneys File Complaint Against PG&E on Behalf of ...
- Hospice Of Amador & Calaveras Says Thank You!
- Traffic Update....Mult-Vehicle Accident Closes Hwy 49 Closed South Of ...
- Butte Fire Reaches 95% Containment & Fire Area Returns To Local Control...
- Fatal Early Morning Structure Fire In Jackson
- Updated Locations For Butte Fire Community Meetings (We Will Record To...
- State Tax Relief for Victims of the Wildfires in Amador, Calaveras, Lake,...
- H&R Block Says Thank You!!
- Butte Fire Re-Population Phase IV, All Evacuation Orders & Road Closures...
- Butte Fire Explodes To 4,000 Acres, 42 Engines, 4 Water Tenders, 12 Fire...
- Air Quality Alert: Wildfire Smoke Warning
- Butte Fire Update....Now At 100 Acres, Power Outages & Localized Evacu...
- Butte Fire Now At 50 Acres Additional Resources Still Inbound
- Fire Update...Firefighters Working Fire On Butte Mountain Road
- Major Injuries To Amador City Man In Motorcycle Vs Tree Accident
- Neighbor Helping Neighbor Red Cross Event
- Major Injuries To Jackson Man In Cement Truck Rollover
- Amador Flyfishers Meeting to Feature John Hanson
- Mark Twain Medical Center Announces 17th Annual Fall Health Fair
- Weekly Caltrans Road Repair & Maintenance Schedule. Repair Volume Close...
- Paving On hwy 88 From Amador/Alpine County Line To Red Lake Road
- (Now Open) CHP Amador Announces Hwy 88 To Reopen Before Wednesday Morning...
- Vehicle Accident Buckhorn and Hwy 88 California – Updated ~By Charles...
- Bomb Squad Working Suspicious Package In Jackson ~ Jackson Fire Dept
- Learn to Square Dance in 10 Easy Lessons
- Petroglyphe Gallery’s 4-Year Anniversary Twilight Customer Apprecia...
- Boot Scootin’ BBQ on August 22 to Benefit Local Arts Programs
- The Arc of Amador & Calaveras Fundraiser . . . Fiesta Viva el Arc on A...
- Severe Thunderstorm & Localized Flooding Warning For High Country
- Iryna Elisabeth Maybrook 4/13/1931 – 6/23/2015
- Caltrans Road Report For Week of 6/28/15 through 7/4/15
- Wildhorse Rides Again
- State Route 49/88 Sutter Street Signal Construction
- Annual Foothill Conservancy Fundraising Dinner is Saturday, June 20
phpws Business Directory