Posted by: Lea_Marie_C_Paar on 05/30/2014 10:10 AM
Updated by: Lea_Marie_C_Paar on 05/30/2014 10:10 AM
Expires: 01/01/2019 12:00 AM
PUSH America in Amador County with Journey of Hope 2014
Jackson, Ca...Arc of Amador and Calaveras is proudly hosting the members of PUSH America as they cycle throughout the US. They will be visiting Amador County on June 3, 2014, with a 26th annual welcoming picnic at St. Sava’s Mission from 11:00am to 2:30pm. The Journey of Hope is a program of PUSH America, the national philanthropy of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity, which raises money and awareness for people with disabilities. The Journey of Hope teams consist of men from Pi Kappa Phi chapters across the country. The teams cycle an average of 75 miles per day, beginning in San Francisco and ending in Washington DC...
Arc of Amador and Calaveras is proudly hosting the members of PUSH America as they cycle throughout the US. They will be visiting Amador County on June 3, 2014, with a 26th annual welcoming picnic at St. Sava’s Mission from 11:00am to 2:30pm. The Journey of Hope is a program of PUSH America, the national philanthropy of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity, which raises money and awareness for people with disabilities. The Journey of Hope teams consist of men from Pi Kappa Phi chapters across the country. The teams cycle an average of 75 miles per day, beginning in San Francisco and ending in Washington DC.
The ceremony at St. Sava’s Mission is to celebrate the team’s arrival as they enter Amador County to support the Arc of Amador and Calaveras. Hundreds of family and friends will be there to welcome the cyclists. The event is free and the public is encouraged to attend.
“I was able to attend and was amazed by the selfless support these young men exhibit in championing people with disabilities” said Shawnna Molina, Executive Director of Arc of Amador and Calaveras. “I encourage everyone to attend and participate in supporting our citizens with disabilities.”
How it all began:
In 1987, one man’s dream of riding his bike across the country came true. What he did not know was the inspiration and motivation his trek across country would give to PUSH America. The very next year his ride inspired PUSH America to create the largest fraternal fundraising and awareness event of its kind, the Journey of Hope. Today the Journey of Hope covers 32 different states, cycling over 12,000 miles combined. It is solely comprised of members of Pi Kappa Phi and continues to spread a message of acceptance and understanding for people with disabilities. Pi Kappa Phi is the only national men’s fraternity to establish and maintain their own service project. Fraternity members have raised over 10 million dollars for PUSH America since 1977. Information about the Journey of Hope and the many accomplishments of PUSH America can be found on their website at www.pushamerica.org.
For the team of over 70 cyclists, the real journey will not be on a bike, but spending time with the Amador and Calaveras residents for whom they are riding. These men are striving for community inclusion of people with disabilities and are helping to break the barriers of society that keep people of all abilities from living life to the fullest.
The Arc of Amador and Calaveras strongly encourages everyone to come out to St. Sava’s Mission to not only meet the incredible men cycling in the Journey of Hope, but to meet the clients and employees of the Arc. Learn how you can join these men in making a difference in the lives of your neighbors.
For additional information, to become a sponsor, volunteer, or to get involved: Contact the Arc of Amador and Calaveras at (209) 267-5978.
|Comments - Make a comment
|The comments are owned by the poster. We are not responsible for its content. We value free speech but remember this is a public forum and we hope that people would use common sense and decency. If you see an offensive comment please email us at email@example.com
Posted on: 2015-10-19 09:28:24
CvXuM6 Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic article.Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic.
Posted on: 2016-01-01 01:18:12
|These might interest you as well
- Pot Related Home Invasion Robbery In Amador County
- 100 lb Pot Deal Goes Bad & Leads To Death Of Amador County Man
- Introduction to FlyFishing
- Indian Grinding Rock State Historic Park Recruits for Docent Class 2016
- After Ironstone “AnimalScapes” Art Exhibit Opens Next in Sutter C...
- Fruit Grower Meeting brings Jeff Colombini, 2013 Grower of the Year, and...
- Mother Lode Friends of Music Classical Concert On January 31st
- Lacey From Copperopolis Wins $1,000 From H&R Block
- Traffic Update...SUV vs Fence In Pioneer
- Traffic Update...Two Incidents On Hwy 88
- District 10 Weekly Road Report for the Week of 12/13/15 through 12/19/15
- Jackson Fire Department's Santa Patrol Is Back Again For 2015
- Tainted Celery Leads To Chicken Salad Recall
- Caltrans Crews Will Be Out & About Working On Roadways This Week
- Chain Controls In Effect On Hwys 4, 88 & 108
- Airola Butte Fire Attorneys File Complaint Against PG&E on Behalf of ...
- Hospice Of Amador & Calaveras Says Thank You!
- Traffic Update....Mult-Vehicle Accident Closes Hwy 49 Closed South Of ...
- Butte Fire Reaches 95% Containment & Fire Area Returns To Local Control...
- Fatal Early Morning Structure Fire In Jackson
- Updated Locations For Butte Fire Community Meetings (We Will Record To...
- State Tax Relief for Victims of the Wildfires in Amador, Calaveras, Lake,...
- H&R Block Says Thank You!!
- Butte Fire Re-Population Phase IV, All Evacuation Orders & Road Closures...
- Butte Fire Explodes To 4,000 Acres, 42 Engines, 4 Water Tenders, 12 Fire...
- Air Quality Alert: Wildfire Smoke Warning
- Butte Fire Update....Now At 100 Acres, Power Outages & Localized Evacu...
- Butte Fire Now At 50 Acres Additional Resources Still Inbound
- Fire Update...Firefighters Working Fire On Butte Mountain Road
- Major Injuries To Amador City Man In Motorcycle Vs Tree Accident
- Neighbor Helping Neighbor Red Cross Event
- Major Injuries To Jackson Man In Cement Truck Rollover
- Amador Flyfishers Meeting to Feature John Hanson
- Mark Twain Medical Center Announces 17th Annual Fall Health Fair
- Weekly Caltrans Road Repair & Maintenance Schedule. Repair Volume Close...
phpws Business Directory