Posted by: thepinetree on 06/03/2014 02:38 PM
Updated by: thepinetree on 06/03/2014 02:41 PM
Expires: 01/01/2019 12:00 AM
Yosemite National Park Announces Road Construction on Tioga Road
Yosemite, CA...Road construction on the Tioga Road in Yosemite National Park began this week, and will continue through September 30, 2015. This two-year rehabilitation project is a multi-phased construction project that encompasses improvements to the Tuolumne Grove Parking Lot and the Tioga Road Corridor. This phase of the rehabilitation work will include a 15 mile segment along the road from the Crane Flat Intersection to just east of White Wolf. The construction work will include improvements to culvert drainages, road grading and pavement resurfacing, new signage, and road striping...
There will be traffic control operations with flaggers and/or pilot cars directing traffic through the construction zone for the entirety of the project. Crews will be working in multiple locations along the Tioga Road throughout the project. There will be no work on weekends or holidays.
Traffic delays along the Tioga Road are scheduled to begin the week of June 2 and will include:
Sunday Night at 11:00 p.m. through Friday Afternoon at 4:30 p.m.
11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. 60-Minute Delays
6:00 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. 15-Minute Delays
7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. 30-Minute Delays
3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. 15-Minute Delays
4:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. 30-Minute Delays
Additionally, the Tuolumne Grove Parking Lot will be closed for three weeks in October 2014. Campgrounds and other visitor services along the Tioga Road will remain accessible.
For daily traffic control updates, please call 209-372-0200 or visit www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/conditions.htm.
|Comments - Make a comment
|The comments are owned by the poster. We are not responsible for its content. We value free speech but remember this is a public forum and we hope that people would use common sense and decency. If you see an offensive comment please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|These might interest you as well
- Make Plans To Meet The New Mark Twain Medical Center Physicians
- The SPARROW Program of Tuolumne County is Becoming Available in Calaveras
- Kinematic Automation of Sonora, California investing in new ERP system
- Columbia College Hosts X-Reg on August 14th for New Students!
- Credit Card Fraud Arrest In Sonora
- Save the Date for the Next Stanislaus River Clean Up! Saturday, September...
- Tuolumne Sheriff's Office Looking For Pellet Gun Bandit In Attempted...
- Tuolumne Writers Retreat - Sonora Writer's Group
- Fire Update....Grass Fire Taken Care Of In Chinese Camp
- The Final El Portal Fire Update...4,689 Acres, 100% Contained, Costs to...
- Tuolumne County Man Indicted For Starting RIM Fire
- CoyoteFest … A Howl of an Event!
- August-September TUD On Tap Newsletter
- Cracks In Twain Harte Lake Dam Update
- Cracks Reported In Twain Harte Dam With Water Flowing Through....Opera...
- Traffic Update....Accident On Merced Falls Road...Male Unresponsive
- Copperopolis Man Arrested For DUI After Crashing Into Pole, 11 Vehicles...
- Yosemite El Portal Fire Update. 4,198 Acres, 58% Contained, 1,360 Per...
- Driver Of Silver Porsche In Pursuit Caught
- 2014 Central Valley Police Explorer Challenge
phpws Business Directory