Posted by: thepinetree on 07/22/2014 08:05 AM
Updated by: thepinetree on 07/22/2014 08:05 AM
Expires: 01/01/2019 12:00 AM
The Calaveras County Board of Supervisors Are Back In Action Today
San Andreas, CA....The Calaveras County Board of Supervisors are back in action today at the Government Center. The full meeting agenda is enclosed...
CALAVERAS COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
CLIFF EDSON – VICE CHAIR
DEBBIE PONTE - CHAIR
LORI NORTON COUNTY ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
MEGAN STEDTFELD INTERIM COUNTY COUNSEL
DIANE SEVERUD CLERK OF THE BOARD
891 MOUNTAIN RANCH RD SAN ANDREAS, CA 95249
TEL: (209) 754-6370
July 22, 2014
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
On the website, items with supporting documentation may be linked for viewing.
CALAVERAS COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY CALAVERAS COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD IN THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS CHAMBERS 891 Mountain Ranch Rd, San Andreas, California
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk to the Board of Supervisors at 209/754-6370 at least 48 hours prior to the start of the meeting. Notification in advance will allow reasonable arrangements to be made to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Government Code §54954.2(a).
The agenda packet and supporting documentation are available for public review in the Administrative Office, during regular business hours.
If you wish to address the Board on an agenda item, please come to the rostrum when public comment on that item is opened and give your name, if you choose, and your comments. Time limits and order of items shall be at the discretion of the Chair, including a break for lunch which generally will be from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 or 1:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted under Announcements.
8:00 AM: Call to Order
CLOSED SESSION AGENDA
1. CLOSED SESSION: Public Employee Performance Evaluation: (Government Code §54957(b)(1)) Title: County Administrative Officer; Board action:
9:00 AM: Pledge of Allegiance
RECOGNITION AND ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
2. SUPERVISOR CALLAWAY. Adopt a Resolution recognizing the 75th Anniversary of Camp Sugar Pine; Board action:
9:00 AM to 9:30 AM: PUBLIC COMMENT
Any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board and is not posted on the Consent or Regular agendas may be addressed during the Public Comment period. California law prohibits the Board from taking action on any matter which is not posted on the agenda unless it is determined to be an emergency by the Board of Supervisors. If Public Comment is completed before the 30 minute allotted time period, the Board may immediately move to the Consent Agenda. If Public Comment is not completed during the allotted time period, it will be continued at the conclusion of the Regular Agenda in order to provide an opportunity for the remainder of comments to be heard.
Consent agenda items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the Board at one time without discussion. Any board member, staff member or interested party may request removal of an item from the consent agenda for discussion.
3. MINUTES of meeting held July 8, 2014 – Board action:
4. ADMINISTRATION. Approve Amendment Number 1 to the Lease between Calaveras County (Lessor) and Murphys Community Club (Lessee) to correct the legal description of the premises that is being leased; Board action:
5. ADMINISTRATION. Adoption of an Ordinance repealing Section 6 of Ordinance No. 2999 and rescind County of Calaveras Code, Section 2.46.050 Termination which establishes a sunset date for the Assessment Appeals Board; Board action:
6. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES. Authorize the Calaveras Health and Human Services Agency Director to: 1) Sign the “Acceptance of Allocation Agreement” for tobacco prevention and education funds in the amount of $150,000 for the period July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015. 2) Sign the prospective payment invoices for allocated funds in the amount of $37,500 each quarter for July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015; Board action:
7. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES. Authorize the Chair of the Board of Supervisors to sign the Memorandum of Understanding with First 5 Calaveras for parenting education and support services in an amount not to exceed $445,000 for the 24 month period July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2016; Board action:
8. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES. Authorize: the Chair of the Board of Supervisors to sign the Client Agreement and Addendum with Jackson & Coker LocumTenens, LLC for the provision of services by a child psychiatrist for the period of July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015 in an amount not to exceed $80,000; and the Health and Human Services Agency Director or Director’s designee to sign addendums to the Agreement for assignment and scheduling of psychiatric services; Board action:
9. PUBLIC WORKS. Approve a resolution authorizing execution of two Right of Way Contracts associated with State Route 12/26 Intersection Improvement Project between Calaveras County and 1) B.L.F. Investment, LLC (Tri-Dam), and 2) Michael and Alice Jurek (Jurek Family); Board action:
10. PUBLIC WORKS. Accept as complete road improvements for Saddle Creek Unit 6 and execute a Subdivision Agreement for Saddle Creek Unit 7 for a term to expire July 8, 2017; Board action:
11. SHERIFF. Approve a 5 Year Contract with the County of Los Angeles for the performance of inmate transportation services, at a 2014-15 cost of $.71 cents per mile per inmate and $6.17 per meal; Board action:
12. SHERIFF. Approve the Calaveras County Sheriff Office’s U.S. Department of Justice Annual Equitable Sharing Agreement and Certification Report; Board action:
If you wish to address the Board on an agenda item, please come to the rostrum and give your name and comments. Time limits and order of items shall be at the discretion of the Chair, including a break for lunch which generally will be from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 or 1:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted under Announcements.
13. PLANNING. Noticed Public Hearing pursuant to County Code §17.98.070 et. seq. Discussion and possible action regarding file No. 2014-027, appeal of the Planning Commission decision to deny 2013-004 Vesting Tentative Parcel Map for AutoZone Development; Board action:
14. PUBLIC WORKS. Discussion and direction regarding execution of an agreement with the Upper Mokelumne River Watershed Authority for the Ponderosa Way Restoration Project; Board action:
15. ADMINISTRATION. Adopt a Resolution establishing fees for the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors effective August 1, 2014; Board action:
16. ADMINISTRATION. Approval of final project close-out change orders, final project budget and acceptance of Final Report for the Calaveras Adult Detention Facility and Sheriff’s Office project; Board action:
17. ADMINISTRATION. Public Hearing for the Purpose of Soliciting Citizens’ Views Regarding the Potential Submission of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Annual Grantee Performance Reports for grant # 13-CDBG-8947 and for Program Income Reuse Housing Rehabilitation Fund to the State Department of Housing and Community Development, and approve the submittal of the attached Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Annual Grantee Performance Reports for grant #13-CDBG-8947 and CDBG Program Income Reuse Housing Rehabilitation Fund to the State Department of Housing and Community Development; Board action:
18. ADMINISTRATION. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the County Administrative Officer or designee to act on behalf of Calaveras County in all matters pertaining to Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) #13-CDBG-8947; Board action:
19. ADMINISTRATION. Conduct a Public Hearing for the purpose of soliciting citizens’ views regarding the potential selection of projects for the 2015 cycle of Community Development Block Grants (CDBG); Board action:
20. SHERIFF. Approve an Intergovernmental Contract with Bureau of Reclamation, Department of Interior in the Amount of $208,119.20 for Law Enforcement Services from June 1, 2014 to May 31, 2015; Board action:
21. ADMINISTRATION. Receive a report on phased reuse of space, vacated by the State Court, in the Calaveras County Legal Building; Board action:
22. Board Member Announcements - In compliance with AB 1234, chaptered as Government Code Section 53232.3 (b), this is the time for Board members to report on meetings attended on behalf of the County and to carry out their duties as a County Supervisor.
UPCOMING ITEMS – TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
July 29, 2014
Wild & Scenic Designation
August 26, 2014
Veterans Services Officer Report
Public Works Projects Status Update
County Counsel’s Ordinance to Charge Special Districts
Auditor’s Proposal to Charge Special Districts
Joint meeting of the Planning Commission & Board of Supervisors re: General Plan Update
|Comments - Make a comment
|The comments are owned by the poster. We are not responsible for its content. We value free speech but remember this is a public forum and we hope that people would use common sense and decency. If you see an offensive comment please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW COUNTY COUNSEL
Posted on: 2014-07-22 08:58:38
Perhaps with Janis Elliot gone, the Supervisor can get the County going again in the right direction.
Re: NEW COUNTY COUNSEL
Posted on: 2014-07-22 09:49:51
Not as long as stall-away, only help her close friends, shameful Callaway is in office! NOTHING will improve as long as Meritta keeps collecting a tax-payer salary from us!
Re: NEW COUNTY COUNSEL
Posted on: 2014-08-17 20:01:28
Did I just read this right? The Calaveras County Auditor is proposing to charge special districts? Why, is this an attempt to balance the budget by shifting money from special districts rate payers to Calaveras County? Can't get enough tax money so we begin to raid the other pocketbooks in the county. Nice